SY Care & Support offers ongoing Floating/Outreach support to users of social care services who are currently living in their own accommodation.
This model of support promotes the reduction of admissions to hospital and it may also helps to facilitate early discharge from hospital. Floating/Outreach support allows the service user to remain in contact with their social support network, their employment and the education system whilst maintaining independence.
The service delivered to the outreach service users are based on the practices and principles to that of the supported accommodation offered in our supported units.
- General monitoring of individual’s adherence to their community care plan, medication compliance, attending to therapeutic sessions and outpatient appointments
- Facilitating liaison with relevant care professional and other agencies
- Providing input to periodic reviews under the Care Program Approach
- General counselling and emotional support
- General advice and advocacy
- Assistance with shopping, budgeting, claiming benefits etc.
- Arranging social events, liaising with relatives and friends
- Promoting life skills, including, advice on cooking, cleaning and dealing with minor repairs such as changing light bulbs etc.
Levels of support may vary greatly depending on the needs of the individual. The levels of support required by the service user will be determined by the Care Coordinator. The level of need identified for the service user will be reflected in the amount of hours of support he/she require.
Request a callback
Find out how we can help you live life your way, in your own home.